Skip to content
- PV module – converts sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity.
- Solar charge controller – regulates the voltage and current that comes from the PV panels into a battery. Also prevents the battery from overcharging, extending its lifetime.
- Inverter – An electrical device that changes DC to alternating current (AC).
- The mounting system is used to fasten the solar modules to the roof. There are two options for rooftop installations, on-roof installation and in-roof installation. On-roof involves the solar modules being installed above the roof, while in-roof installation integrates the modules into the roofs surface. PV systems can also be mounted on vertical façades or as a free-standing installation at ground level.
- Monitoring system the performance of the PV system can be monitored. There are several options ranging from simple displays to wireless monitors and web-based data access.